I have a feeling that Garden Grill is one of those severely overlooked restaurants in EPCOT, and maybe even all of Disney World. Perhaps you’ve never even heard of it? Well, all the more reason to keep reading so you can add this gem to your next trip…
Theme & Ambiance – 8.5 out of 10 points
Tucked into the food court area in the Land Pavilion is the Garden Grill, a restaurant that rotates and provides panoramic views of the Living with the Land attraction. If that wasn’t cool enough already, you also get to enjoy your favorite characters like Chip and Dale, Goofy, and Mickey stopping by to say hello while you enjoy your food. I will say this, though: Disney needs to send PhotoPass photographers around with the characters. While it is fun to see our favorite Disney friends, getting up out of the booth every 10 minutes to take selfies was actually a bit annoying.
Honestly, I think this is a pretty unique combination and I am surprised you don’t hear more people talking about Garden Grill. But, I have a hypothesis why it isn’t as popular as other places (keep reading…).
Menu & Food – 8 out of 10 points
I didn’t know this when I booked, but Garden Grill is a fixed, all-you-can eat menu which I would describe as delicious comfort food. Things like turkey breast and gravy, roast beef, mashed potatoes, and my favorite: mac and cheese. They bring you plate after plate until you are so full you are about to burst (which Leslie and I definitely were).
After you’re ready to burst, they still swing by with some short cake (plus strawberries and whipped cream) at the very end which we did manage to find some room for.
All in all, the food itself was delicious. I wish I had an extra stomach so I could have eaten so more. That being said, Garden Grill being an all-you-can-eat and character dining experience means it isn’t cheap. Even if you aren’t into the characters, you still pay that premium, which is why the food score isn’t as high as it would be if it was more reasonably priced (sans characters).
Extra Credit – 2 out of 5 points
These things don’t deserve their own paragraph (usually) but could still be point-worthy tidbits. Each item is worth -1 to 1 points, which means places can actually lose points here!
- Service: Our server was super friendly, a really sweet older gentleman. (+ 1 points)
- Ideal environment for: Anyone who loves to eat. (+ 0 points)
- Dessert: Tasty, but nothing extraordinary. (+ 0 points)
- Location: Really cool seeing scenes from Living with the Land pass you by (slowly). (+ 0.5 points)
- Will return on future visit: After we visit all the other places we want to try, yes. (+0.5 points)
Garden Grill Total Score:
18.5 out of 25 points
- My Disney Dining Reviews Summary Page
- Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom: A Review
- Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT: A Review
- Five Fun food tips for your visit to WDW