Looking for a classy escape to old-school Hollywood? Look no further than the Hollywood Brown Derby over at Hollywood Studios…
Theme & Ambiance – 8 out of 10 points
I’ve never been to the original Hollywood Brown Derby in Los Angeles, but from the pictures I’ve seen, this is a pretty faithful replica in Hollywood Studios. The wall is littered with fun, cartoon drawings of famous people, particularly from Hollywood’s past. Aside from the decorations, it kind of feels like any other nice steakhouse-type restaurant, but it still had this nice buzz about it.
The restaurant itself is pretty big, with lots of tables and also a nice number of booths. Much to my chagrin, despite reservations and a 30 minute wait, we still didn’t get a booth. We did get a really good, really friendly server, though, so that was good. He was very attentive throughout the evening.
Menu & Food – 10 out of 10 points
The menu itself isn’t huge, but it did have a nice selection of options that included meats and fishes, salads, and appetizers. I’m confident most people could find something they like on this menu. Before we ordered, we enjoyed some of their bread which was warm, and came with salted butter. I don’t know what it is about the butter at Disney World but it just tastes amazing, always!
As for the actual courses, we kicked things off with the crab cakes appetizer and they were delicious. I decided to go for the steak (again) and Leslie went for the snapper (fish, again) which we both thoroughly enjoyed. We rounded out our dinner with their little dessert sampler which was also quite tasty and a great palate cleanser to wrap up the meal.
All the food here was absolutely delicious. It comes at a high price, but in terms of enjoyment of the food itself, this may have been our top pick for our 2015 trip.
Extra Credit – 3 out of 5 points
These things don’t deserve their own paragraph (usually) but could still be point-worthy tidbits. Each item is worth -1 to 1 points, which means places can actually lose points here!
- Service: Our server was great. (+ 1 points)
- Ideal environment for: Couples looking for a date-night restaurant on their trip. (+ 0.5 points)
- Dessert: Sampler was tasty and had nice variety. (+ 0.5 points)
- Location: Sadly, nothing exciting about the location. (+ 0 points)
- Will return on future visit: Definitely our Hollywood Studios date night location. (+1 points)
Hollywood Brown Derby Total Score:
21 out of 25 points
- My Disney Dining Reviews Summary Page
- Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom: A Review
- Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT: A Review
- Five Fun food tips for your visit to WDW