There are a ton of awesome-looking restaurants at Disney World resorts we’d love to try. Up to this point, we’ve really only tried a few so whenever we stay at a new resort we make sure we at least try out their restaurant. Our recent stay at Caribbean Beach Resort meant we got to give Shutters a try. See what we thought…
Theme & Ambiance – 7 out of 10 points
Caribbean beach itself is (obviously) themed like the Caribbean. Shutters theme incorporates that into being a fun, nice island restaurant. It fits nicely with the theme of the resort and also the food court, Old Port Royale. There is nothing that is overly exciting about the theme itself, but I found it to be nice a relaxing, despite being tucked in a resort with lots of kids. It’s a nice sanctuary, I think, for adults looking to enjoy a nice quiet dinner.
Menu & Food – 9 out of 10 points
I was surprised that the menu had a pretty strong number of options with lots of meat and fish choices to pick from. I also thought the menu tied in nicely to the Caribbean theme, but with enough options to not put off someone who doesn’t like Caribbean food.
The Braised Beef Short Ribs were my choice and they were awesome- literally melt in your mouth. The mashed potatoes were delightful, too. Leslie got the Seared Mahi Mahi and she said it was really enjoyable, too. Not going to lie: we ate here the night we arrived, were kind of tired from a long day of flying (from California) and weren’t sure if the food would be up to typical Disney table service standards. But, it totally was! By the time the trip was over, the food here was actually better than some of the table service places we visited in the parks.
To make matters even better, they had bread pudding on the dessert menu which is one of my absolute favorites and it did not disappoint! I would make the trek to Caribbean Beach from another resort just for the bread pudding- that’s how much I enjoyed it.
Extra Credit – 2.5 out of 5 points
These things don’t deserve their own paragraph (usually) but could still be point-worthy tidbits. Each item is worth -1 to 1 points, which means places can actually lose points here!
- Service: Server was nice, but took a while to warm up to our chatty selves. (+ 0.5 points)
- Ideal environment for: Couples looking to escape all the other kids at the resort. (+ 0.5 points)
- Dessert: Bread Pudding <3. (+ 1 points)
- Location: Nice view of the resort’s lake if you’re lucky enough to get one of those few tables. (+ 0 points)
- Will return on future visit: If we’re staying on property, most definitely. Maybe even if we’re not. (+0.5 points)
Shutters Total Score:
18.5 out of 25 points
- My Disney Dining Reviews Summary Page
- Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom: A Review
- Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT: A Review
- Five Fun food tips for your visit to WDW