One of my favorite types of food is Italian, so it was a bit surprisingly (to me) that it took us a few trips to try out Via Napoli at Disney World. Curious how it stacks up against your favorite Italian and/or Disney World restaurants? Read on…
Theme & Ambiance – 5 out of 10 points
The Italy pavilion is beautiful as one might imagine, so I was actually a bit bummed by the overall ambiance of Via Napoli. We requested a table outside (and got it) but I wandered around inside a bit, too. Overall, the ambiance of the restaurant is very loud (because it is huge and open) and nothing really stood out as being amazing in terms of decor or theming. Unfortunately, our server was great for the first half of the meal but then kind of disappeared towards the end (when we needed refills, check, etc.)
Menu & Food – 8 out of 10 points
The menu, in total, is pretty massive, but a lot of that has to do with all the pizzas you can order. If you strip the pizza off the menu, there is still a decent number of pasta options to pick from. I ordered one of my favorite dishes: Chicken Parmigiana, but was sad that it came with roasted potatoes and that they would not substitute them for a side of pasta which I’d have enjoyed much more. Leslie got more seafood: Linguine allo Scoglio.
Despite potatoes instead of pasta, the chicken parm was still quite good. As good as my Mom’s homemade? No. But, that’s not a fair comparison to anyone! Leslie also really enjoyed her pasta. Thus, the food was pretty good so that was definitely a plus.
Extra Credit – 1 out of 5 points
These things don’t deserve their own paragraph (usually) but could still be point-worthy tidbits. Each item is worth -1 to 1 points, which means places can actually lose points here!
- Service: So-so. (+ 0 points)
- Ideal environment for: Anyone. (+ 1 points)
- Dessert: We indulged but didn’t love it. (+ 0 points)
- Location: Tucked away in the back of the Italy pavilion so not great views or anything. (+ 0 points)
- Will return on future visit: Unlikely. (+0 points)
Via Napoli Total Score:
14 out of 25 points
- My Disney Dining Reviews Summary Page
- Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom: A Review
- Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT: A Review
- Five Fun food tips for your visit to WDW