Cinderella’s Royal Table is the restaurant that resides within Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. I tried to get reservations here during my 2013 trip to no avail, but was able to score some coveted ADRs for my 2015 trip. Without further ado, I’d love to tell you all about it…
Theme & Ambiance – 10 out of 10 points
In terms of theme and ambiance, it doesn’t get any better than Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom. As I’d mentioned earlier, it literally resides within Cinderella’s castle in the Magic Kingdom. It’s themed, rightfully so, like a castle. When you enter the waiting room, it feels like a castle’s keep complete with tapestries, stained glass windows, suits of armor, and more. This is also where you’ll take your included pictures with Cinderella.
To get to your seat, you’ll climb a stone, spiral staircase reminiscent, again, of a castle. As you enter the dining area, you’ll feel like you are in a medieval banquet hall complete with regal banners hanging everywhere. We were fortunate enough to snag the center seat by the windows so we had an amazing view of Fantasyland from our seat.
As if the ambiance isn’t great enough, you’ll be visited by a number of princesses throughout your meal. All in all, I can’t say enough about how cool it was to eat in Cinderella’s Castle (finally).
Menu & Food – 8.25 out of 10 points
The dining experience (food wise) starts with a delicious appetizer that, at least for us, consisted of some dips and breads. We definitely enjoyed that while we waited for our food (and mingled with princesses).
That being said, I do have a few small issues with the menu here, namely that it’s a bit too small. The variety is pretty mixed for how small the menu is, but if you’re a picky eater, you may not find anything you like. In addition to the small menu, it’s of course pretty expensive.
Don’t get me wrong, our food was tasty. But, all things considered, a little expensive for what it is food-wise, but I think it is also fair to say here you’re paying for the experience and location moreso than the food.
Extra Credit – 4 out of 5 points
These things don’t deserve their own paragraph (usually) but could still be point-worthy tidbits. Each item is worth -1 to 1 points, which means places can actually lose points here!
- Service: Our server was AMAZING. I mean, any time we needed her she was literally there and super sweet. We left a compliment for her at city hall because we loved her so much. (+ 1 points)
- Ideal environment for: Couples, families with young ladies who love the princesses. (+ 1 points)
- Dessert: Although somewhat simple, they were delicious! (+ 1 points)
- Location: You’re eating in Cinderella’s castle in the heart of Disney World from atop Fantasyland. (+ 1 points)
- Will return on future visit: Although it was a great experience, it probably isn’t one we’d repeat for a few visits. (+0 points)
Cinderella’s Royal Table Total Score:
22.25 out of 25 points